Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Fried Plantains

Recipe taken from http://qlinart.blogspot.com/2010/03/scrumptious-bananes-pesees.html

I'm not sure if I have mentioned my love for the tropics before. Tropical fruits are by far my go-to food. If I didn't have my pineapple, canteloupe, bananas, oranges and many other fruits on a weekly basis I would probably go insane. I'm not sure what it is about these fruits that captivate me, all I know is, they are amazing.

When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it. I have ALWAYS wanted to try plantains, however, I had never gotten around to it. This was definitely the time to try it though, because I'm on a kick of trying new foods, so it was time.

I have to say... I'm not sure if it was the way it was prepared or something else, but this... just did nothing for me. To be honest I found the plantain to be sort of bland with a bit of oil on the side. The grease made me feel kind of nauseous (I very, very, very rarely eat anything fried), so this might of been my problem. But, again, I did find the taste to be lacking so, maybe next time, if there is a next time, instead of putting salt in the water, I would put sugar in it. We did sprinkle some sugar on top, it seemed to enhance the flavour a bit but not too much.

You see, first the Brussels sprouts, then the sweet potato patties, now this... and we aren't even done the week yet... oi vey.

No comments: