Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Cilantro and lime rice


Tried this recipe out... wasn't the GREATEST fan, I did still enjoy it, however, I'm not much a fan of lime. If I were to make this again I would probably try it with lemon and ginger! Also my pictures sort of suck, because I didn't use fresh cilantro so it just looks like regular rice with some chopped up grass on it, but at least there is a picture :)

Ingredients:
  • 1-2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 sweet yellow onion, diced
  • 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 cup long grained rice (brown or white)
  • 2 cups of water
  • 1 tsp chicken bouillon granules or vegetable bouillon
  • 1 large handful of cilantro, chopped
  • Juice and zest of 1 lime
Directions:

Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until soft and tender. Add the rice and garlic then cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes. Add the water and chicken bouillon granules, bring to a boil over high heat, cover and reduce the heat and simmer, until tender, about 20-25 minutes for white rice and 40-45 minutes for brown rice. Remove from heat and mix with the cilantro, lime juice and zest.

Enjoy :)

No comments: