Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Tropical beginnings...

Happy Thursday!  


 
Today is a fantastic day!  I mean it may not of started out marvelously, I barely slept, then I got to work for 6:30 am (so early!), then I may have dropped a couple files or so... but, I'm not going to let that stop me today!

Today is my LAST day on this show, thank heavens.  This has been a horrible show, honestly, for something to simply get my "feet wet", they're soaking, pruned and incredibly cold.  I hope not all Warner Brothers shows are this difficult because if so I truly sympathize with all of the employees, it was hard.  However, it was certainly an experience, and it's allowed me to afford a trip to both British Columbia and to Korea, so I'm looking forward to that!

I leave tonight for British Columbia at 10:15 pm.  At first I thought it was 8:50 pm, then I thought 10:50 pm, I triple checked this morning and it's definitely 10:15 pm, darned military time.  I'm looking very forward to it, and really hoping I actually get some sleep on the plane, however I don't think that'll be an issue.  I arrive in BC at 12:30 am (their time - 3:30 am Ontario time) ... considering I have difficulty now staying up past 9:30 pm I don't think I should have too much trouble ;).  I've brought a journal, and I brought a book (biography of a gang member) to keep me busy, so hopefully that'll help since it's a five hour flight :(.  I know I will definitely be chewing a ton of gum.  Every time I fly my ears don't seem to pop for 3-4 days after I've landed!  It's so painful, and I always fear flying for that soul purpose, oh well.

Unfortunately, I won't have many posts while I'm away I don't think.  I have a couple recipes that I've saved in which I haven't posted so that I knew I would have something to post for you all.  But, it won't be anything current since I don't think I'll be cooking too much while I'm out there unfortunately.  However, I will definitely post some pictures that I will of taken!

Tropical Paradise Smoothie

Recipe by me

Today I made myself a smoothie.  A super delicious, tropical, refreshing smoothie.  When I first made it I was a little frightened.  In my almost-sleepless stupor I seemed to of forgotten what exactly I put into the smoothie.  As I began whirling my blender... it did not turn out orange as I was expecting... no it started out red, then gradually turned pink.  I didn't remember throwing strawberries in there, but maybe I did?  No, honestly, I thought about it for a couple of minutes and honestly couldn't figure it out.  There was not a single ounce of me that remembered tossing in strawberries or anything red for that matter.  I look to the sink (we have a garburator so I was trying to look for evidence) nothing seemed to spark any recollection.  Then, all of a sudden, DUH!  I threw in a blood orange!  I had solved the mystery!  I felt like I had lost my sanity... seriously it was horrible.

This smoothie is... well, you know my flavours by now, and the mix of coconut, banana and pineapple are rated at the top along with cinnamon, cloves, ginger and nutmeg... this was just a little different because of the addition of an orange (my top favourite orange!)  I've made a Pina Colada Smoothie before... well on more than one occasion, because it's reminiscent of my favourite alcoholic beverage sans rum, so I seem to make this on a regular basis... this was the same drink more or less but it was just as wonderful.  Creamy, tropical, zesty, wonderful.  I will certainly be making this again!

Ingredients:
  • 1 large frozen banana
  • 1 blood orange - deseeded
  • 1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
  • 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
  • Toasted shredded coconut/orange zest - topping
Directions:

Give it a whirl in your blender until desired consistency is achieved.  Allow to sit for a couple of minutes so it becomes really creamy.  Top with shredded coconut and orange zest.  Imagine you're in paradise!

Let's zip through time a little bit here... I am now currently sitting at the airport, awaiting to board the plane... (it only took me 20 minutes to figure out the internet le sigh...).  So, I just wanted to say have a goodnight and will be seeing you soon enough!  Hope you all have a wonderful night, and updates will definitely be in the next post!

No comments: