Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Chocolate Chip Cookies + Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

When I saw this recipe I seriously started to drool, they looked so good! I'm really not a fan of peanuts, I mean I love peanut butter because it's so smoothe and creamy, however peanuts themselves don't really do anything for me. I do enjoy caramelized, cajun, barbecue and beer nuts but the others, nahhh... I still figured I would try this cookie out.

I liked these cookies, however, definitely not a favourite. The cookies themselves were delish but I could pick out the peanuts so it didn't really win me over. Everyone else however absolutely devoured them. If you're a fan of peanuts I would definitely say give it a try, or even make the cookies without the peanuts, and add oats in place of the peanuts for added texture.

These cookies were very crunchy, which I know many people seek for in a chocolate chip cookie. I would certainly try this recipe out subbing for the oats, we shall see!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, room temperature
  • 1 vanilla bean
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 cups dark chocolate, chopped
Directions:

Sift flour, baking soda and baking powder together. Set aside.

Coarsely grind the oats, peanuts and sea salt together in a food processor. Set aside.

Using a mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, then vanilla bean. Gradually beat in flour mixture, oats mixture and chocolate chips. Do not overmix the dough.

Using a small ice cream scoop to portion cookie dough. Chill overnight.

Place cookies dough 2 inch apart onto a sheet pan lined with silicone mat.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Allow them to cool on the pan for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Marbled Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe taken from here

When I saw these cookies I was instantly smitten with the way they looked. I love the bi-colours of the cookies, then when I read the ingredients I knew that it would be a perfect combination for a cookie. As mentioned I'm really not much a fan of chocolate, especially cocoa powder since I find it always overpowers the cookie. This cookie however was perfect. It was a beautiful combination of both vanilla and chocolate. It was packed with crunch from the oatmeal. It was hearty. It was fluffy, and soft on the inside.

I've made recipes before that combines two doughs, and I have to say it wasn't a fun task. This cookie however was really easy to work with. All I did was made a two dough balls, one of each colour, smacked them together, then rolled them together.

What I loved about these cookies, is that each cookie looked similar yet they were all different, just like a snowflake, which makes the recipe even more fun.

I loved these cookies despite of the amount of chocolate. Everyone I shared the cookies with went absolutely bonkers over them! This recipe made quite a hefty amount so it was definitely nice because I could share it with many people and get their beautiful happy reactions from them. This is definitely a recipe I would make again, it was a perfect sweet and salty treat, I loved them.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups unsalted butter, softened
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 4 & 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided into 4 cups and 1/4 cup
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, divided into 1 cup and 1 cup
  • 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided into 1 cup and 1 cup
Directions:

Combine 4 cups flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing well. Add flour mixture and mix well.

Divide dough in half. To one half, add cocoa and mix. To the other half, add 1/4 cup flour and mix. Stir into each dough 1 cup oats and 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 375°. Combine 1 tablespoon of each dough, twisting together to make one cookie. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. If dough becomes too warm, refrigerate for a few minutes then resume forming cookies.

Bake about 10 minutes or until lighter dough is golden brown. Cool on sheets for 2 minutes. Then, remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes about 4 dozen large cookies.

Have yourself a great day, and dig on in!

No comments: