Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Oven Pasta + Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brie and Browned Butter

*Note: this was uncooked. I was making them to freeze, these freeze really well, up to a six or so more months.

I don't have a very good picture of what I am going to present, but that shouldn't steer you away from trying this. There isn't a name for this dish really, it's more-so a penne-lasagna, but we call it "oven-pasta". This was one of my childhood favourite dishes. When I went away to University my mom used to make me a few frozen oven-pasta's for Jordan and I to eat. I used to melt every time we ate it. We would seriously eat the whole dish in one evening. It's so good! It's full of cheese, pasta, sauce, more cheese, sprinkled with more cheese, and eggs. This is so so so good! I'm sorry I can't say anything else about it other than you MUST try this!

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag of Penne pasta
  • Homemade Tomato Sauce
  • Cheese - Mozzarella and cheddar
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
  • Spinach (if you want to make it a little healthier, this was the first time I had made it with spinach)
Directions:

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.

In a large pot boil some salted water. Cook your penne for no more than five minutes, you want them to still be hard so that when you bake the dish in the oven the noodles don't become mushy.

When your noodles are done, rinse and set aside.

Get your tin ready. Spread tomato sauce on the bottom, toss in your ingredients, cheese, chopped up eggs, and spread more tomato sauce all over (make sure it's well coated).

Bake for 45 minutes or until soft.

Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Brie and Browned Butter

For this I used the sweet potato gnocchi I made. I simply browned butter, boiled the gnocchi, when they were done I tossed them into the butter and added some brie. This was such a rich dish, but it was absolutely fantastic. I love those fantastic orange pillows and when added with buttery goodness with cheesy goodness, oh boy, match made in heaven!

Enjoy!

No comments: