Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Toasted Coconut and Banana Friands

Recipe taken from here

I had never heard of friands until recently. I don't know how I survived life before now without trying one of these bad boys. They were so amazingly delicious. The aroma that came from them too was better than... I'm not even sure. I kept opening and closing the container I kept them in. So so fragrant, and the taste, I just, I can't even describe how good, you need to make this in order to experience it for yourself!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup fine desiccated coconut
  • 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
  • 175g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 1/2 cups icing sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
  • 6 egg whites
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1-2 bananas, sliced
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease well 10 individual cake or muffin pans.

Place both measures of coconut on a baking tray and toast in oven for 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Cool.

Place all ingredients except bananas into a mixing bowl. Stir until just combined.

Spoon mixture into prepared pans to just over 1/2 full. Top each with a couple of banana slices. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.

Allow to stand in pans for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.


No comments: