Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Chocolate Strawberry & Oatmeal Cookies

Recipe adapted from here

I haven't had a cookie that's made me weak in the knees for a looong time. These cookies however were so insanely delicious. I found a base for a strawberry oatmeal cookie then really changed things up. I'm so glad I changed it because they were SO good. They reminded me of the strawberry s'mores I made in the summer, and I think in the back of my mind that's what I was thinking about when I was making them. They were so good, and they are butter free which makes up for the chocolate chips and the marshmallows ;). Instead of using butter or even applesauce I pureed strawberries and used that instead; it gave these cookies such a beautiful strawberry base. These are definitely a must-make especially if you still have strawberries lying around because it gives you the taste and feel of summer with a hearty winter feel from the oats, deeeelish!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup white-wheat flour (King Arthur)
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup regular oats + 1/3 cup
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 5 jumbo marshmallows
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/4 pureed strawberries
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped dried strawberries
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp orange zest
  • Cooking spray
Directions:

Preheat oven to 350F.

Combine flours, oats, baking soda, and salt; stir with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add vanilla and egg; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until blended. Add strawberries and chips; beat at low speed just until blended.

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray (or lined with parchment or a silpat). Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven; cool on pan 1 minute. Remove cookies from pan; cool completely on wire racks. Yields about two dozen cookies.

Enjoy!

No comments: