Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Crockpot Chili

I thought this was an appropriate post for today because not only is it nearing the end of the summer, but we are getting weather where it makes you just want to sit under a blanket, lay by the fire, and have a book on hand with some comfort food. I have never had chili in my life... not even when I ate meet. Beans really freak me out. Even when I've cooked them and tried them with ingredients I like I still didn't like the texture. I find them too... I don't know. I made this with my aunt for her family, and let's just say it went, and boy did it go quick. When the chili was ready it was about 10 o'clock at night, and well, my uncle had three bowls full. He couldn't stop eating it. I can't say personally whether or not it was good, but it was gone the next day so that could be an indication ;). This is extremely easy, and you can make it in the morning and have it ready by the time you get home after work, how much better does it get?

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds beef
  • 1 package taco mix
  • Sea salt
  • Pepper
  • 2 tsp cumin/coriander
  • 3 tsp oregano
  • 1 can of mixed beans
  • 1 can red kidney beans
  • 1 can white beans
  • 1/2 cup of orange and red peppers
  • 1 onion
  • 1 tomato
  • 6 button mushrooms
Directions:

In a large skilled, brown ground beef and drain. Add all of your ingredients to the pot. Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours or until it has reached desired consistency.

So wrap up in your cozy blanket, get yourself a bowl of chili and warm up :)

No comments: