Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

I cannot tell you how excited my friend is going to be that I'm FINALLY posting this recipe. Since I made this soup for her she has gone on and on about it. She has told her friends, told people at work, her family members, and, of course asked me on many occasions to make this dish again. It was honestly the simplest dish to make since I threw everything in a crock pot (never used one before, holy jeebz they are incredibly easy to use). Yeah, this soup was really good though, because I dunked so much curry powder in, I'm a gigantic fan of curry, and pretty much any meal, that I'm willing to eat i.e. no meat unless it's fish, I will probably love, apparently my friend is the same way. So, Jenna, here you go! Hope you enjoy ;). Everyone else, if you don't think this dish is good, you're just going to have to ask my friend and I'm almost positive that she'd be willing to convey to you how delicious it really was.

Ingredients:
  • 1 head cauliflower
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 2 cups vegetable broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 yellow onion, chopped in chunks
  • 2 1/2 tbsp curry
  • 1 stalk green onion
  • Spinach lots of spinach!
Directions:

Cut the cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast at 400F for 20 min, until the cauliflower is lightly brown and crispy.

Add chicken broth, water, and chopped onion to the crock pot. Season with cayenne pepper and curry powder.

Once the cauliflower is roasted, add it to the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours, until the cauliflower and onion are tender. If you aren't a fan of chunky soup you can always use an immersion blender/regular blender (smaller batches) to de-chunk (is that a word?) the cauliflower and onions, but I loved having whole vegetables in my soup so I kept it!

Roasted Cauliflower Soup

Enjoy :)!

No comments: