Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Homemade Mixed Berry Fruit Roll-Ups

Homemade Mixed Berry Fruit Roll-Ups
Recipe taken from here

When I was younger Fruit Roll-Ups were definitely one of my favourite snacks. We didn't always have them in the house, but whenever we did it was like Christmas. I loved them. I used to make faces out of them, squish them into the smallest possible ball I could then shove it down my mouth, I also loved eating them on break at school in the dead of winter so that it would shatter in my mouth. I loved them, and probably not because they were fruit-y let me tell you, I can imagine it was because of the large amounts of sugar that are in them. When I found this recipe though, it was like Christmas all over again. I could have my childhood snack, and have it as an adult without the guilty feeling. This was so fun, and it was so simple too, I mean I was able to sleep and wake up to a nice treat, what's better than that? I used mixed berries. It came out pretty well if I do say so myself. If ever I decide I'm craving that fruity snack and don't feel like actually eating fruit (which in my case is VERY rare, I live off of fruit) then I will give this recipe a shout. This recipe is definitely a good way to incorporate fruits and even vegetables into a picky eaters mouth. You could use dried vegetables, grind them into a powder and incorporate the powder into the fruit mixture, and do the same with dried fruit as well. There are so so so many possibilities, they are endless. Give it a try :)!

Homemade Mixed Berry Fruit Roll-Ups

Enjoy!

No comments: