Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Heirloom Tomato Salad

Heirloom Tomato Salad

What is the best thing about summer other than popsicles, beaches, no school, and everything else associated with the summer? Farmer's Market's! I absolutely love our Farmer's Market, they have everything from fresh herbs, fresh fruits, clothing, jewelery, even deep fried chocolate bars, I know right? Part of the vegetables they sell, of course are tomatoes. I have never in my life, had tomatoes that taste this amazing. I mean, they seriously taste like candy they are so good. The first time we went we only bought 1 quart, and it lasted from the Market to our house... yes a three minute drive. The next time we went, we got 4 quarts, a much better decision. This gave me opportunity to try lots of different recipes, however, near the end I didn't have much inspiration for anything and decided to just have a simple salad. By simple, I mean, it was still so amazing because the heirloom tomatoes tasted so fantastic.

Ingredients:
  • Heirloom tomatoes
  • Goat cheese
  • Sea salt and pepper
  • Chopped cilantro
  • Balsamic vinegar
Directions:

Simply enough, mix everything in a bowl and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar. Serve!

BoldEnjoy :)

No comments: