Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Grilled Corn Salad

Grilled Corn Salad
Recipe adapted from here

I have seen so many corn recipes lately that I had to try at least one. I adapted this one to my liking and it came out pretty well; all I did was change what I didn't have and kept the base recipe. It was a really basic recipe, but it did come out well. This is also not something I would do on a normal basis since I prefer my corn on the cob just boiled and eaten like that, no salt or butter even. I'm weird I know, but I like the flavour of corn and don't like to mess it up by adding extra ingredients on it.

Ingredients:
  • 8 - 10 ears of corn, silks removed, husks on (soaked in water for 30 min)
  • 1/2 tbsp butter
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1 tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
Directions:

After soaking the corn, grill on medium high for about 20 minutes.

When the corn is cool enough to handle, remove the husks and cut the corn off the cob

Saute in a pan over medium high heat with the butter, lime juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and chili powder.

Serve hot.
Grilled Corn Salad

Enjoy :)

No comments: