Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Cranberry Ginger Molasses Scones

I have mentioned time and time again how much I LOVE the flavour of molasses cookies, from the molasses itself to the ginger, cloves, cinnamon and right down to the nutmeg. When I saw this recipe my mouth started to water, I knew I had to make them. It was love at first bite I tell ya. The ONLY thing I found about this recipe is that I feel as though the scones could of been a little more soft, I found that they were a bit dry unfortunately. However, the taste was still impeccable so this is definitely a recipe that I could work with and try to make it a little more salvageable in my eyes.

I did change a little bit of the measurements in the ingredients because I didn't feel as though the original recipe was hefty enough on the spice. So here is what I changed...

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 4 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp ginger
  • 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp ground cloves
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 egg yolk (save the white!)
  • 1/3 c of molasses
  • 1/4 cup vanilla fortified soy milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
*instead of sprinkling sugar on top, I sprinkled pumpkin spice

Those were the only changes I did, other than that, great recipe! If you're as much of a fan of molasses and spice as I am these are a must-try recipe (especially at Christmas time).

Enjoy!

No comments: