Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Crumpets

Recipe taken from http://choosandchews.blogspot.com/2008/07/like-king-indeed.html

Doesn't this look like a heaping pile of pancakes? I just want to dive right in!

I'm not sure what made me want to make crumpets seeing as I don't eat bread, but I think it was the challenge. Apart from banana bread, or lemon-poppy bread, I had never made "bread". This was my first try, and honestly, I was quite satisfied with the end result. I took a lot of pictures, so this is going to be a picture-heavy post since I really couldn't decide which pictures I liked most, and I did want to have memories of this moment.
The only thing I changed in this recipe was the powdered milk, I just used vanilla-fortified soy milk since I didn't have any powdered milk.
Since I did not have any of the "special" tools to make crumpets, I came up with something that I had at home, that I could use. This was a cookie cutter. I simply put butter in a frying pan, greased the insides of the cookie cutter, placed it on the frying pan, and poured about 3 tbsp of the batter inside. It said to cook for ten minutes, since I was doing it this way, I kept it on each side for approximately 45 seconds.They really felt like crumpets, and looked like them too. I woke up and the bf managed to eat them all... I had made 9. I took that as a sign that he really enjoyed them!I hope if you are a big fan of crumpets, that you won't be scared to try to make them at home. They are so easy, and to be honest look better (and assuming he ate all 9 in one sitting) taste better than store bought crumpets.

Enjoy :)!

No comments: