Pages

The Foodie Blogroll

Crab meat quiche















This is my third time attempting to make a quiche. I have always hit it with the taste IF you eat it in the first day, I've never made it so that you could have it for more than one day because they always seemed to get gross on the top. I figured out, I was being wayyyy too cheap on the eggs, and I also think they weren't being cooked for long enough. This time however I hit the jackpot. Not only was it a success, but it truly was one of the best quiches I have EVER tried, and no, I'm not only saying that because I made it. The pictures here do not give it any justice, and if you don't believe me you'll have to try it for yourself!

Ingredients:
  • Two deep nine-inch pastry shell either made or store-bought
  • 1/4 packet of frozen spinach, chopped and unthawed/drained
  • 9 large eggs - I used a lot so that it could be extra fluffy
  • 1 cup of milk - I used vanilla fortified soy milk, you may think that's gross but it came out awesome
  • 2 cups of process mozzarella cheese curds
  • ½ cup of red onions, chopped.
  • 4 green onion stalks
  • 1 package of imitation crab meat
  • 9 button mushrooms (put in food processor so that you don't notice them ;) )
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
Mix together all of your vegetables and meat, then add your milk and eggs. After this stir well and add to the pie. You do not have to bake the pie, or cook your vegetables (i.e. onions and spinach) if you don't want to, however you can. Add your liquid mixture to your pie shell. This is a lot of ingredients, but I was making two, one for that day and one to be frozen, if you only want one cut the ingredients in half. Quiches do freeze very well so if you want to make more than one, or lots of mini quiches for lunches or dinners for another time go right ahead! Also, I know you're going to be like "Sam, that's just common sense", but I read a lot of food forums, especially with things such as quiches. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO STICK TO THE ABOVE INGREDIENTS. Get messy, get creative and adapt it to how you would like!! I did so, and got the most amazing taste in my mouth!

Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 45 minutes. Watch the quiche rise, and smell the aroma fill your nose. You know it's ready when you shake your pie and it doesn't shake like jello, as well as the crust has a nice golden touch to it. If after you've added your ingredients to the pie and it looks too high DON'T put it in the oven, it will make a giant mess since it will rise, scoop some out and make an omelet or a mini quiche! Trust me, this is from experience, haha. Hope you enjoy :)!

No comments: